No results from the liver biopsy. Now pathology is saying they won't be back until Thursday.
I had been collecting a list of mistakes since we've been downtown, so just add this to it. Don't tell us Monday if it is really Thursday. Have you ever heard of "Under promise, over deliver?". Apparently not.
My first question - "Can they at least answer the most important question of whether he has fibrosis? That is the game changer and knowing if he has LCH of the liver wouldn't change the path."
Answer - "We didn't ask that. I will check."
That didn't go over well. Talk is a nice way of describing my rant that followed which included, "Who is on point down here? Apparently I AM on point because I AM the only one catching all these things."
You could tell she felt embarassed as she admitted to the mistakes made (you don't want to get me started with the list). It is not exactly inspiring confidence even though the bone marrow transplant team is separate. We do not have good luck at the downtown location, and we are missing the Children's Legacy location! Too bad they don't have a bone marrow transplant facility up there.
On a good note, Jenson's favorite nurses from Children's Legacy came to visit. He totally lit up when they entered the room and as they gave him hugs. Ginny and Suji are so awesome! We absolutely love them. We miss them and Dr Cavalier being near by.
In the meantime, we continue to wait...
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Hopefully they " the hospital" will get their act together soon. Most people presume that hospitals are the way to get better. But many times human error runs the show. I am praying for little Jenson & that the Lord will protect him in the hospital. I pray that his Doctors will be great doctors and not reactionary ones.
ReplyDelete