The line surgery is complete.
The next drama is now getting the chemo started. I say to the nurse, "We are starting the conditioning chemo tomorrow right?". She says, "I don't see it scheduled."
Are you kidding me?
Oncology thinks it is supposed to happen, bone marrow says they are waiting to hear from surgery on the date for Sydney giving her marrow, surgery is saying they don't have an opening for the bone marrow harvest on Jan 27 but will look for the next opening. We can't start the conditioning chemo until this date is scheduled.
Can someone get a plumber to connect the pipes on these different departments? It is driving me crazy!
We are living in the land of limbo between departments. What we desperately need is the plumber to not just fix the leaks but to lay new pipe that connects all the different departments. Now I understand why our doctors at Legacy were getting frustrated at the pace and thought by transferring us maybe it would help speed things along - or maybe not.
I have heard from several nurses once you transfer officially to the bone marrow team there will be less connection points, but they have to keep us as oncology inpatient for insurance reasons until 1 day prior to the start of chemo. That means whatever rotating oncologist doctor has hospital floor duty for the week is our main contact and has to manage all these connection points. Ugh. This is leaky and broken.
So, once again we wait. Drip, drip, drip (that is the sound of the water from the leaky pipes dripping into a bucket - no wait, someone is another department took the bucket so the water keeps dripping on us). I am sick of getting wet.
Maybe I can bill THEM for my time and services as coordinator (aka plumber). Someone get me a wrench.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Soooo frustrating! I can't imagine how much energy it must take to be the hospital's plumber...Praying in earnest for God to connect the pipes and give your family relief. Charlotte
ReplyDeleteWe are praying too. Jenson is blessed to have such vigilant and loving parents.
ReplyDelete