Monday, January 9, 2012

Waiting for a Test

We are almost there! Now, we are waiting for a blood test to come back. Our transplant coordinator followed up, and they are saying it will be back Thursday.

Jenson needs to have surgery to install a central line with 3 tubes --- a port is not enough for this procedure due to how different things they need to have going at once. As soon as that test comes back, he will have the surgery and things will start.

They will do chemo for 8 days to kill off all his cells (at least what is left of them). The next day they will do the bone marrow transfusion.

Psalm 32:8
The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."


I was telling Jenson about the procedure and that Sydney is giving him some of her healthy cells. "Sydney going help me get better?" he asks curiously.

"She is going to try," I tell him.

Then he declares, "I love her. I love my sister."

What is not to love? She is giving the ultimate gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment