Monday, January 30, 2012

Sydney's Strength

Our toxic friend strikes again. Jenson said yesterday, "I don't want be on chemo anymore."

Sydney will hopefully be able to make his wish come true. Tomorrow is the big day. Sydney's procedure is at 10am and later that day Jenson will get her healthy cells.

Earlier this week, Sydney said to me, "Tuesday is going to be hard for me."

I said lovingly, "Are you nervous about the procedure sweetie?"

"No mommy...it will be hard because I can't eat until it's over," Sydney replied as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

She isn't nervous about the big procedure, in fact she is glowing with a sense of purpose about it. Her excitement to help her brother has given us all a renewed sense of strength.

I have always known Sydney is my "strong girl"...I just didn't realize how her strength would strengthen our entire family.

Love you Syd! I'm so proud of you.

Mommy

5 comments:

  1. She is amazing!! We are so proud of her!! The Wedemeyers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are always in our prayers, but especially Sydney and Jenson tomorrow. Sending strength and love their way! :)
    Love, Wonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney:
    I hope your hip gets better quickly. You are such a great big sister. I hope your baby brother gets better soon. I'll see you when I come to visit soon. I miss you.
    Love,
    olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be praying for all of you tomorrow. --Janet Hoover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Sydney today, and all of you too. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete