
She is about 5'2", green, and has lots of buttons. Vivian is Jenson's dialysis machine and our new friend.
Before Vivian, Jenson was retaining a liter of fluid a day. They were not sure given his distended belly if the dialysis line would flow so Vivian could do her job, but it is flowing. Each time I look at the bag of fluid on Vivian's side, I am praising Jesus.
Jenson is still in the ICU and not out of the woods yet as there is still excess fluid in several of his vital organs - kidney, lungs, and heart - but hopefully Vivian will buy us the time we so desperately need.
His pneumatosis (gut air) has also cleared! This is huge as this was our biggest potential risk of infection if it ruptured. In a couple days, he should be able to have water again which he will be thrilled about. He keeps saying, "I need water. I need water." His mouth must feel like he has been walking through the desert in search of an oasis for days now.
Today Jenson says, "I need go. I need get out of here. I done." It is so good to see him mad and fighting...my little fighter.
Thanks for praying us through this latest crisis.
Kristin
Thanks so much for the update. Know that people you've never met and may never meet have been praying hard for you guys and will continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteThank you God! Go Sydney's cells! Charlotte
ReplyDeleteThis brought tears of joy. Praise God for his continued faithfulness. Keep fighting little buddy. Love to you all. We will continue to pray. -Gantzer's
ReplyDeleteIncredible news! SOOOO overjoyed to hear it!
ReplyDeleteThe Mentinks
Thank goodness for Vivian! We will continue to pray for strength for Jenson. Love to you all. Wonny
ReplyDeleteGreat update! Big smiles!!! Just wanted to let you know people who I am friends with on Facebook are re-posting your blog link and the comments of complete strangers saying they are following and praying are so awesome!!! Prayers are pouring out for Jenson.
ReplyDeleteMeredith Smith
We will continue to pray for the tough little guy. GO SYDNEY'S CELLS!!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Sue and Tom
Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI have been praying hard this week without knowing specifically why. I have so many to pray for but I have had this extra pull to daily mass this very week and knew someone special needed it. I felt some peace this morning and I'm sure it was Vivian working. Your family's strength and courage are so inspiring and I wish I could give be there to give you a big hug.
Lots of Love - Tori
I heard about Jenson's fight through a friend! This has been weighing on my heart. I helped my sister with her twins for one solid year as we watched them struggle each day! Your faith is so strong & many many people are praying for your family! Take each day minute by minute. Each & every minute those new cells are spreading & growing in Jenson's body!
ReplyDeleteJeremiah 31:25
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
We will continue to pray for your family!
Kristin and Doug,
ReplyDeleteI am very grateful to finally fully understand Jenson's story. My dad has told me a lot about your family's journey and I can only admire the strength you all withold in your hearts. Sydney and Jenson are very lucky to have supportive parents like yourselves. I know, without a doubt, that your sacrices and acts of selflessness will set an example that cannot be anything but contagious to them as they grow. I am still very willing to spend some time with Sydney and have some "girl time". :) She seems so sweet. I will continue to keep Jenson and the rest of the family in my prayers. Take care! Deuteronomy 31:6
Blessings,
Amanda Realzola
A friend of mine (Sue) asked for prayer's. I decided to look into the link that she provided. My life isn't so bad....please Sweet Jesus help me new friend Jenson and his family thru this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteDear Jesus and Jenson guardian angels please help Vivian get Jenson thru this so he can have some water and overcome this hurdle.
God, our loving Father, you sent your Son,
Jesus Christ, into this world to counter
all the forces of evil: sin, suffering and death, and to overcome evil with the force of good; hatred with the power of love,
your great love for us in Jesus.
Help us never to curse the darkness,
but to join with you in bringing
Your light into this world,
the light that is your Son,
born of the Virgin Mary, in Bethlehem.
Helps us to be instruments of your light
and love by doing one special act of kindness
or by being your special instrument
of reconciliation this New Year.
May the Christ Candle we light symbolize
our desire to bring light into a world of darkness
and hope into a world of despair.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.