Friday, February 3, 2012

Hurricane Force Winds

"Pneumatosis may follow a benign or fatal course."
That is not what I was hoping to read. I guess deep down I knew it, but reading it in black and white really sucks.

Jenson's case of pneumatosis (gut air) is stable - no worse, no better. It won't get better until Sydney's cells start to graft which could take another 11-25 days. That leaves him very susceptible to infection. So again, we wait while Jenson endures more pain and suffering.

What good comes from this little boy suffering so much? I will never understand it. Never. He has had to deal with more suffering in his short little life than most people endure in a lifetime.

Why whenever a ray of sunshine and hope for healing peeks through the clouds does another hurricane roll in? We are so sick of the hurricane force winds knocking us down, saturating us with water, and threatening our very existence.

Go Sydney's cells - graft quickly to save Jenson.

Kristin

7 comments:

  1. In the bible Job suffered severe pain but for a short time. You guys are suffering less severe than Job (not discounting your pain) but for sure, short is not the word. Eternity on earth for you guys is the best description I can think of. I doubt God is adding another book to the bible either. My the Lord God have mercy on your family. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just heartbreaking to hear it may be 25 days before there's improvement. Praying for God's mercy and miraculous healing. Praying for comfort for Jenson. Richard Wumbrand (founder of Voice of the Martyrs) wrote that "We do not serve a reasonable God." The extreme suffering of some of His people is not reasonable. The good news is that He loves us unreasonably too. But it's still impossible to comprehend why Jenson has to suffer so much. Praying God's love for Jenson and your whole family with shine brighter through the darkness. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I want to vomit or just die. I am crying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin,

    Glenn and I have semi-moved to British Columbia to be with Glenn's mom as she goes through chemo for myeloma. We do not have internet at home yet, so each day we go to McDonald's for internet and breakfast. Each day I read your blog and my heart breaks for you and your family. You have amazing children with amazing strength and courage. I am cheering for Sydney's cells to work their magic in Jensen! Bless you all. And by the way, you are an amazing writer. <<<>>>
    ~Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying, praying, praying.

    The Mentinks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our heart hurts so much for you but know we are literally on our knees pleading for healing. God loves Jenson and each of you so much...we just can't understand why this suffering happens. Love you guys! Angi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping your family and Jenson in our prayers! I go to your church and brought you Cowboy Chicken one night. Please let us know if we can help in ANY other way.

    Meredith Smith

    ReplyDelete