Doug and I wait on pins and needles. I let the emotions of the day flow, and flow, and flow while he hugs me.
Some of our nurse friends see us in the waiting room. They come in to say hi, give hugs, and comfort us. "Don't give up hope. He's a fighter. We have seen kids pull through worse situations," they tell us.
Then Dr Cavalier (our oncologist extraordinaire) calls as we are waiting. How did she know how badly I needed to talk to her right that minute??
"How are you doing?" she asks.
"I am freaking out. He is not doing well," I reply.
"We are just going to pray him through this," she tells me. What a perfect response!
She lets me know despite the fact we are with the bone marrow team now, she is still following us and keeping up with what is going on. In her perfect manner, she calmly explains to me from what she sees our main issue looks like fluid retention and that no signs of infection is a good sign. She tells me she has seen kids pull through worse. And she says, "Jensy has always been a fighter and that is a good thing right now".
My parents drive downtown too. My mom arrives with a big hug, and my dad brings his typical nerves of steel. It is always nice to have the support and love of mommy and daddy.
God knows exactly what I need to make it through this moment.
We get "the call". Jenson made it through the procedure. Miraculously, they got the dialysis line placed without needing the breathing tube. Praise God.
Now we just need it to work. They hook the machine up. Now we wait hoping it brings the mercy we have been praying about for Jenson...and buys us precious time.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
I'm standing with you and praying Jenson through this! You and he are still on my mind and in my prayers. Praying God will envelope you with His love and bring a peace that passes all understanding.
ReplyDeleteLori Diller
We are so happy to hear that the procedure went well!
ReplyDeleteJenson, let that be the last bump in the road Buddy. May your sweet Sister's cells kick in and help you fight! We are all 'praying Jenson through this'
Kristin,
ReplyDeleteThanks to our mutual friend, my neighbor Patti, I have been following Jenson's Journey for a long while now. Through my following has come prayer, and I am now in fervent prayer for your little guy. He has proven to be a fighter, yet it is so hard to see him so very fragile now. If I can do ANYTHING outside of praying and asking others to join me, please ask.
Lord, I ask you to continue to be the Great Healer and bring Jenson through this. Provide wisdom for his medical providers and comfort for those who love him. Give Jenson strength and rest, and carry him through this battle. We know you are with us all, and our fear comes from losing those things we have difficulty seeing as eternal to us at this time. Our fear does not come from knowing You. As we stand with Jenson, Kristin, Aaron, & Sydney, we pray to you for these things. In Christ's Name, Amen.
Throughout the day yesterday and as I went to sleep last night I said your chant over and over "grow Sydney's cells, grow Sydney's cells." And I know Lyne's thoughts were with you too as we talked about it. Just know there are hugs and prayers being sent through the airwaves toward Dallas Children's for Jensen's recovery and comfort for you, Doug and Sydney. Love you guys, Rae
ReplyDeletePraying for God's healing and peace. Charlotte
ReplyDelete