Jenson now has the distinction of being the sickest patient in the bone marrow unit...a badge of courage we never desired.
He has a catheter to instantly remove urine pressure, an oxygen mask to help him breath, the infamous GI tube, body rashes, pneumatosis, and this morning mucositis (mouth sores) showed up too which run from the mouth down the entire internal lining.
This is one sick boy. He is so sick of having all this stuff on him, he rips the GI tube out of his nose. When they try to put it back down, he gets a nose bleed because his platelets are so low.
He then takes off the oxygen mask and heart rate monitor on his finger. He says, "I need get out of here. I need go home," - all requests we can't grant.
Then he tries another negotiation tactic and says, "I better." Sweet boy.
We are giving him an anti-anxiety medicine to try to get him settled down.
Psalm 23:4
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me."
I'd love to say we are able to live this verse throughout the day, but the fear is overwhelming at times. We are a family of fighters and are fighting this with all the strength we can find.
2 Corinthians 4:16
"So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making a new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace."
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
We are praying, praying, for Jenson to heal quickly. Sending our love. Wonny
ReplyDeletePraying for God's grace and the power to heal.
ReplyDeleteXoxo to all.
Michelle