Thursday, February 23, 2012

In With the New

Sydney's cells are starting to engraft in Jenson's body!!! Jenson's cheeks are flushed, he has small rashes over his body, his white blood cells are slowly starting to climb, and he said today "my feet hurt" indicating the tingling many patients feel in their feet when engraftment occurs. The patient feels really crummy and just wants to be left alone when all this happens, but emotionally we are encouraged. The beginning of this long process of engraftment appears to be starting.


I had my camera ready yesterday when Jenson flashed a rare smile. Bald is beautiful! Here is to the shedding of the old and the start of a new life.

Kristin

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful indeed! Encouraging news. Such a brave little man...all of our thoughts and prayers are with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! We have been waiting and praying to read that news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Sydney Cells GO.... Forget the Daytona 500. This race is much more important. Go Sydney Cells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Thank you so much for always keeping up with posting on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, wonderful news!!! Thanks for the picture...what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Great news! Go Sydney's cells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God! You got this Sydney's cells!!!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is me, jumping up and down and cheering for Sydney's cells!!! Figuratively speaking, anyway!
    I am so happy for all of you!
    ~Margaret Jacobsen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got goosebumps! Yahoo!

    The Mentinks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love him and I love that smile. We are all praying for more strengthening.

    Chip and the rest of the Sayes

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful news! Finally tears of joy! Everyday when Jackson (8) gets home from school, we check your blog together for updates. Yesterday, we had an after school commitment and couldn't check. I can't wait to share with him your status (and newest picture of Jenson!) today. Lots of love and prayers from MN! Brenda

    ReplyDelete