The ICU is like jail for babies. You are trapped in your room, no food, limited water, and someone watching over you 24/7.
Now that he is free of half of his tubes and the arm restraints, Jenson is slowly plotting his escape. He has told the nurse (aka guard), "I need you leave my room. Leave now," and keeps saying to me, "I need get out of here. Help me."
He is recruiting me as part of the plan. I am a likely candidate. He already knows I am a rebel as he has seen me sneaking in my PB&J sandwich and eating it when the nurses aren't looking.
I can hear him as we would run down the hall making our escape..."ICU later! I out of here!"
But Doug's mom is coming to relieve Doug and me this afternoon so we don't crack and go along with Jenson's "Escape from ICU" plan.
There will be no escape today. Jenson is retaining more fluid indicating his kidneys aren't keeping up, and the potential early sign of engraftment haven't proved out yet.
Pray for freedom for my little jailbird.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Praying for doctor approved escape for Jenson! Go kidneys go!
ReplyDeleteICU Later. So funny... Jenson & You are focused on the future. Hopefully you can escape very soon.
ReplyDelete