Jenson had 6 liters of excess fluid in his little body. So far Vivian has removed 3 liters - 3 down, 3 more to go. Jenson still has a ways to go to get out of the ICU, but emotionally his spirits were uplifted yesterday afternoon.
We gave Jenson a bath and removed the arm restraints to clean his arms. His arms looked a little swollen, so I told him we could try leaving them off for a little while as long as he left his nose tubes alone and didn't rip them out again. He was so thrilled to be able to grab his bunny and play with bunny's hat that he surprisingly left the tubes alone. So he got control of his hands and arms back!
Jenson also got to have some water. Oh, the small joys in life! I put a small amount in his Cars thermos with the built in straw. You could see him cherishing each sip of water he slowly sucked through the straw. He wanted his thermos right by his side the rest of the day.
Late in the day he said the words I have been longing to hear for a week, "I want you to come in my bed." I sprung off the couch and practically jumped in his bed while quickly moving all the additional wires and tubes to make room.
We snuggled holding each other's hand - an uplifting moment of love between mother and son.
We received a couple other emotionally uplifting gifts yesterday evening from our church Life Fellowship. A couple of men came to the hospital specifically to pray for Jenson. Then our pastor Chris and his wife Tatum dropped off a sweet surprise. This past Sunday they shared our story during the service to ask people to pray and fast for Jenson and our family. People signed up for the upcoming days so we would be constantly lifted up in prayer... incredible.
They also surprised us with a video message from our church - tons of people waited in line to leave us a personal message. On the video were heartfelt messages from adults and kids (some friends, some people we have yet to meet) letting us know they are praying for us, we are not alone, and that they love us. I wish I knew had a way to post from a cd, because it is so amazing. They closed the video with this verse:
Jeremiah 30:17
"For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds, says the Lord."
I have the video playing in our hospital room continously today so Jenson can be encouraged and will know how many people love him and are praying for his complete healing.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Awesome!
ReplyDeletewHAT A SWEET MOMENT IN TIME!
ReplyDelete