Jenson has fevers which are coming and going - this time likely from an urinary tract infection they discovered on Wednesday (I forgot to write about it because versus potential brain damage it seems so irrelevant). He has been getting antibiotics which will hopefully clear it up soon.
The Physical Therapists just made a temporary green cast for Jenson's right foot that is stuck in pointed position. It looks like a big green boot. The goal is to gradually get his right foot back to neutral.
The doctors talked to us about if Jenson has another brain bleed and becomes brain dead would we want him hooked up to a life support machine. No one should have to have those types of conversations - it is sick and wrong.
I am holding onto hope - I know Jenson can hear us and he said "Mommy" a couple times today.
I said to Doug earlier this week, "I couldn't go through all this without you". He grabbed my hand and said, "Me too babe".
Doug has been a rock in so many ways for me. He handles the things that tap out what little reserve I have left like taking care of my ticket from "crazy cop" and dealing with the health insurance companies when billings go sideways. He is there to weep with me when we are blindsided by more pain and suffering for Jenson. He is there to pray for us when I don't even know what to say. He is always filling up the never ending gas tank from our constant trips up and down to the hospital. And he has taken on nightshift at the hospital for 5 months (for this alone he should win an award for husband of the year).
He loves his kids and me with all his heart. I am blessed to have a partner who even through the lowest of lows stays engaged and involved in helping us make it through as a family.
Thanks to my sweetie for being a great dad and husband. I love you.
Kris
Time to Remember
12 years ago
So glad God has given you each other. What a beautiful example Doug gives of God's love for His bride.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte