Monday, April 16, 2012

Down Again

The FISH test is back... the engraftment numbers are down again. They are now at 85%. I wish I could say I am surprised.

They will re-run the FISH test again Thursday to see if another week of being off the immuno-suppresive drugs makes a difference.

We are back in the bone marrow unit. Jenson is doing exactly what his body needs - getting lots and lots of rest. He has never slept so much in his life. He has no other changes - no words, little eye contact.

He continues to get his liquid nutrition through his tube. When you can't eat the feeding tube becomes a key element in survival. Speaking of feeding tubes, this morning there was a story on the news about people who are getting a feeding tube to drop 20 pounds prior to their wedding. I seriously wanted to scream "get a life and some perspective". I am typically not disturbed by news stories, but the very thought of my boy struggling with so much and needing the tube to live versus someone doing it for solely vanity reasons made me want to puke. Maybe I have displaced anger.

Anyway, more waiting and praying for improvements.

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, I felt the same way when I read the article about feeding tubes.

    Hoping you too can get some rest along with sweet Jenson.

    Dana Mentink

    ReplyDelete