Friday, April 20, 2012

Horribly Disturbing

I knew we didn't want the results of the MRI. The MRI images are dramatic and horribly disturbing.

Jenson has another large bleed now on the left side in addition to the large right side bleed. He already has lost a lot of brain matter and has extensive damage. He also has what they believe is LCH (histio) in the brain. More bleeds will come with time. And to add misery to pain, he has meningitis.

He is terminal. We don't know exactly when, but sometime in the near future Jenson will be heading to his eternal home in heaven.

Our prayers for healing will be answered, but certainly not in the way we were hoping. The time is coming soon for Jenson to no longer suffer.

Doug and I spent last night taking turns weeping and comforting each other. It feels like a piece of my heart has been ripped from my chest.

We love our sweet boy Jenson so much...our brave Histio Warrior.

23 comments:

  1. I am so saddened by this news and will continue to be praying for all of you, and that Jenson will be relieved from the suffering this disease has invoked. You are all valient warriors and inspirational parents that have shown the power that love and religion can bring in the worst times in our lives. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,

    I have been praying for your amazing little boy and I know that God says he is healed! Keep fighting! God is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, you are all warriors!!! Praying for peace for your family.

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our hearts break with yours but never doubt for a moment that Jenson has always known how much you guys love him and how you fought with everything you had to help him. Praying that God's arms will hold your family tight through this time. Love you! The Wedemeyers

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you guys, and we will not stop praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doug, Kristen, Sydney and Jenson,

    I am so sorry ro read this news. Our prayers remain with you for strength and peace. You have been through so much that is beyond my comprehension. I am amazed by your grace and perseverance. Our family weeps with you.

    Heather and Richie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen:

    “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

    Know that you, Doug, Sydney and sweet Jenson are in our prayers.

    Ed & Stacey Huber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read this and re-read this, because I just can't believe it, and don't want to believe it. I can't tell you how my heart hurts for you guys, and for Jenson, although I know my sadness is nothing compared to yours. We have not met, although I occasionally attend Life Fellowship (not as often as I should, though), but I've been checking up on you guys through your blog, and praying for all of you. My heart cries with yours. Know that you are loved. Know that there are so many sending prayers up for all of you, be it strangers or friends. Hold onto hope and faith and prayer and eachother. Peace be with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a friend of Tiffany R. I am praying for your sweet Jenson and your family. Your latest entry breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although we may not fully understand what you and your family are going through, SO many people love you, support you, and are praying for you and your family and sweet Jenson. Try to remember that you are not alone. Jenson has touched all of us in a way that won't be forgotten. That's powerful and lasting.

    Shauna Schmitz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristin, My heart broke when Debbie told me the latest news she received from Edna. Jenson has been in my prayers for a long time now. I can not even imagine the pain that you all are going through. I know that Jenson will be totally healed when Jesus carries him to heaven to be with him. You, Doug, Sydney and Jenson are in my prayers. Praying that all of you will feel God's comforting arms around you.
    Cindy Terrel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...so hard. All our hearts are heavy for you, Doug and Sydney. We'll keep praying for the Lord's comfort and understanding. And thank you Lord that Kristin, Doug and Sydney have been given this amazing opportunity to love. And please give Jenson peace and contentment during this time.

    Thanks friend for allowing us to come along this journey with you. We are along side you in spirit everyday. Cath should be calling you, if she hasn't already, on what we can do...whether come be with you and pray with you. Or something else. Just let us know.

    I love you friend! Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no words that could possibly console you or make it better or even express how sorry I am for you and your family, just know my heart and prayers are with you. - Devon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cannot begin to imagine how you must feel. Lifting you all up at this horrible time. The Mentinks

    ReplyDelete
  15. You don't know me, either -- we were Wycliffe folks in Brazil and met Edna in the mid-70s. I've been following your blog closely for about a year now (went back and read it all from the beginning and have followed it ever since), praying along with you the whole way. I just had to say I am grieving right along with you. May the Lord hold you all very close - He IS near, and He IS trustworthy, even when we can't understand His ways.
    Cheryl Jore

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kristen, This week I began reading your blog after a neighbor passed it on to me. (I sometimes see you at the bus stop...we live on Broad Brook) I am so sorry to hear about the MRI results. I cannot imagine how difficult the news must be. Please know that I will be praying for you. I pray that God will give you peace and comfort and wrap his arms of comfort around Jenson. If there is anything we can do at all, please let me know.

    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18

    Debi Jenkins
    http://jenkinsethiopiaadoption.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are heartbroken for you, Doug, Sydney and Jenson. Such warriors through this battle and such an example of the power of love. Jenson has always known he is loved and that you all would do anything for him. We are praying for strength and peace and hope that you feel the love wrapping around your family.
    The schultz family

    ReplyDelete
  18. "You hear, o Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry." psalm 10:17

    Kristin and Doug, we are standing alongside you in grief and prayer. May you find comfort and rest in the arms of Jesus..who has not for a second left Jenson's side. He is safe with Him.

    We love you, dear friends. This is so heartbreaking. The Keith Family

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry to hear this news and cannot even imagine what you are experiencing. I've been following your blog for a couple of months now and I am heartbroken to read the latest posts. You are in my thoughts and I'm sending you loads of love.
    - A fellow LCH warrior

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry that all of you are going through this. I have been following you for some time and praying for you every day. Please know there are so many people who send their love and pr
    ayers. Xo Pat Levinson/histio warrior/nj

    ReplyDelete
  21. We want to thank each of you for your amazing notes. They mean a lot to us. We feel so much love from you. Thank you for lifting us up during this season of our lives. Love you all,
    Doug, Kristin, Sydney, and Jenson

    ReplyDelete
  22. your in my prayers. i am getting my whole family to pray for you and yours! i pray God gives you a peace that passes all understanding

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know no words that I can say will ever make it ok...I have been following Jenson's story for some time now, and every time I read your updates I break down and have to stop half way through and regroup before I can finish. It makes me feel guilty for ever feeling sorry for myself, I myself am battling stage one cancer but its almost completely gone after one round of radiation. We will never understand why children are given to us but God chooses to only let us have them for awhile before he calls them home, he has a greater plan..I pray for Jenson every night so that he doesn't have to suffer anymore, his eternal family is waiting for him at the gates of heaven and God is waiting with open arms he is going to take such great care of him... of all of you. If only you could see him running around laughing and having fun like he will be. Please know that you are not standing alone you have an extended family in Christ. I will pray for peace during this grave time. Jenson's legacy will live on to raise awareness to LCH. John 14:1-3

    ReplyDelete