
The unthinkable happened...Jenson is pole free!
Good-bye ball and chain holding me down. He is THRILLED to not have a big pole as his shadow everywhere.
Freedom from the pole gave a big boost to his spirits. He has been riding in the wagon to the nurses station to say hi. Today he came around in his red wagon with a basket of treats like Santa giving presents. Too cute!
His triple line is no longer connected to the pole (except for platelet or blood transfusions at night), but we did have one new line come in it's place.

It's back...the infamous tube. This time it is for feeding purposes. Jenson told me yesterday his tummy hurt too much to eat so he was okay getting the tube so he wouldn't have to be hooked back up to the pole. Plus, he can eventually go home with the tube even if he can't eat yet.
Doug and I will soon be learning how to give feeds using the tube. Weird. Can't say I ever thought I'd be feeding my three year old through a tube, but I never dreamed anything that happened the last three years would happen to us.
For now, we are thankful for a little more normalcy and bit of pole freedom.
Kristin
Yeah! So glad to hear that you are almost HOME! I'll keep those good thoughts going that you'll be home before Easter and he can look for those bunnies and eggs! Keep going Sydney's cells. Rae
ReplyDelete