Friday, March 16, 2012

Day +45

The FISH results are in. We are not sure how to feel about them.

Jenson's engraftment level is now 95.5%. Our transplant doctor said she is not worried and is pleased with anything between 95-100%, but it seems counter-intuitive we should be pleased when his first level was 97.5%. Down slightly is ok?

They will be making a slight adjustment to his immuno-suppressive drugs to see if that helps increase the engraftment percentage. It is a delicate balance as the immuno-suppressive drugs help protect against a transplant related disease called graft vs host disease. As the nurse practioner said, "We have to walk a fine line in making these adjustments so we don't trade one disease for another." Great.

They said the FISH test at 60 days is the big marker of engraftment levels and not to worry. I don't think we will be worry free until histio is gone forever.

Doug is taking the news hard. He said what I have been feeling for months, "I just want this to be over."

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment