Saturday, March 24, 2012

Family Time!

It is so great to have time together as a family. We had our first meal together at the table and started a new tradition after blessing our meal of saying one thing you are thankful for. The first night it was unanimous - we are thankful to be home as a family!

Today I was heading out with Sydney to meet a friend. Jenson got quiet and started acting mad. I said to him, "Are you feeling sad?". He shakes his head no. "Mad?". He answers ,"Yes. I mad.". Sydney then says, "Are you mad I'm leaving?". This brings tears from Jenson. Sydney then surprises me by saying, "Jenson, I can stay if you really want.". Jenson leans over to give her a hug and says, "Sydney stay.". She stays and they hug each other...adorable.

We have been catching up on other basic family stuff. Sydney and I went for a bike ride. We drove in the car listening to fun songs and singing. We ate popcorn and had family movie night. We told Sydney and Jenson they had to agree on a movie. Jenson seemed set on one when Sydney said to him, "Jenson, I know you have been able to pick any movie you want in the hospital but now that we are home we need to pick one together ok?". Doug and I looked at each other and said, "Impressive. Did a five year old really just say that?". Sydney has grown up on many levels.

We are loving being together...Sydney, Jenson, Daddy, and Mommy.

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. Pryaing for you all many times a day. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete