Saturday, March 3, 2012

New Friend

Doug and I have flip-flopped on "cautiously optimistic". Doug went into the FISH test cautious with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I went in expecting 100% healing so now am feeling cautious. Good thing we have each other through this journey!

I am so ready for healing and for the rollercoaster of emotions to be over. After reading blogs of patients who have been through transplant, they say even a year after a successful transplant they still wonder if it will come back. Maybe you never get off the rollercoaster but the hills just aren't as high.

We have made new friends while on this journey...families going through the same thing. We just made a new histio (LCH) friend named Marcus age 2. Today he started his conditioning chemo for his second transplant (yes, SECOND). First time through his cells showed 98% engraftment at day +30 and day +60. It was around five months post transplant when the LCH came back. I can't imagine. Please keep this family in your prayers.

I showed Jenson a picture of Marcus and let him know Marcus has the same disease and is also in the hospital getting a transplant. Jenson smiled real big and said, "I need send him a monkey!".

We will be mailing a monkey to Philadelphia soon. I love my little boy's heart.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment