Today is our first clinic appointment. I have a my checklist of everything we need:
- Backpack for pump
- Pump feed bag
- Feeding pump
- Feeding pump charger
- Stethoscope
- Syringe for air
- Syringe for water flush
- Sterile water
- Two meds we need to bring to clinic
- Formula mixture
- Diapers (yes, since the ICU we are back in diapers)
- Baby wipes
- Changing pad
- Disinfecting wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Bottled water thermos
- Movies for Jenson to watch during transfusions
- Blanket
- Mask
- Doritos
I quickly realize what I need (outside of a personal assistant) and dig it out of retirement...my diaper bag. Flashback. I thought these days were long behind us. My good ole' diaper bag does the trick in organizing our massive list of items.
That is when it really hits me... we have a 35 lb newborn who can sit up, talk, and eats Doritos.
Transplant is about a re-birth on so many levels.
Our clinic appointment is going well. Jenson doesn't need blood today. He needs platelets, albumin, and a growth stimulating shot called GCSF.
Once we are done, Jenson is excited to go visit all his "Nurse Friends" in the transplant unit.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment