Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Permission

I found a "Permission to Mourn" certificate which goes out to everyone who has lost someone they love.

PERMISSION TO MOURN

Is granted to the holder of this certificate

 ______________________________________

Is hereby entitled to publicly acknowledge his/her loss, mourn openly, to share narratives of the loss, and to recruit social support in his/her own way and time, without apology or embarrassment.

Tears, memories, silence, uncertainty, and strong emotions are hereby enfranchised.

Please treat this griever with kindness, compassion, and love.

This certificate has no expiration date.

3 comments:

  1. I love this, everything about it, but especially the "no expiration date." It speaks so clearly to your need to mourn in your time & in your way. You & Doug & sweet precious Sydney are in my prayers today. Jane Peterson (a friend of Edna's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good and I will share with another friend who's son died shortly before Jenson. Keeping your family in prayer, especially that Sydney will be fully healed. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous two comments, what a great post. The Aaron family is always in our prayers, especially Sydney. Pryaing for a healthy result from the scan.

    Carrie and Phillip Doane

    ReplyDelete