We finally made it to the neurology floor at 2am (yes, a FIVE hour
waiting time in the ER). Don't get me started. Then it is another 30
minutes transferring all the info to the new nurses and doctors.
Sydney
gets to pick who sleeps in her room. She selects daddy... a wise
choice as I am notorious for being cranky in the middle of the night.
Doug comes up, and I head down to Jenson's room thinking how nuts it is
that both our kids are in the hospital at the same time.
Jenson's breathing is much more labored and his body is starting to shut down. It is heartbreaking. I give him a kiss and
lay down to sleep around 3am. Of course sleep is not coming easily so
after more than 30 minutes I finally start drifting off. At 4am the
room phone rings. I am thinking "oh no, it is Doug and something is wrong", but instead the person says "Sorry wrong number." Really? At 4am? Tonight of all nights?
I head up to Sydney's room in the morning, and Doug
heads down to Jenson's room. My friend Melissa brings croissants and
coffee/tea and delivers to both rooms. She stays with Sydney and me -
thankfully because I am so brain dead and the conversations with the
doctors are clearly important. She helps take care of both Sydney and
me and makes sure I remember all the important points. What a gift!
Sydney's concussion symptoms return today with nausea, pain in the back of the head, and blurred vision that comes and goes.
The
doctors finally make it around and tell us the tremors don't follow a
seizure pattern based on the type of movement or the length of time they
lasted. They will do an EEG as outpatient soon, but that is really
more to calm our nerves.
So, after all night and day at the hospital we have no
answers to the "neck hurts", hour long strange tremors, and inability
to talk at the end of the tremors. There are several labs pending but
those will take several days to grow out (or should I say hopefully not
grow out). They are saying it could be stress related...well we all
certainly have reasons to be stressed. We are supposed to "watch and
see" if she has another episode. More health uncertainty is not a
welcome visitor right now.
I have never been more tired, cranky, overwhelmed, angry, sad, and thankful the tremors stopped in my life.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Hi Kristin... I found your blog through a friend of a friend on facebook and started reading your updates about a week ago. Today I had an overwhelming feeling to "check" in and see how your sweet Jensen was doing, and I'm just so saddened to hear about your daughter. I think God brought me back here, to let you know that a complete stranger in Atlanta, Georgia is praying for you and your family. I'm a mom of 3, and words can't express the sorrow I feel for you. I'm praying for you, and may God wrap His arms of solace and peace around you now.
ReplyDeleteKristin, do they realize that Jenson had meningitis symptoms start a couple of weeks ago and that Sydney has been lying in bed with him on every visit? They may be distracted by the idea of a concussion when she actually has an infection. I would think under the circumstances they could give penicillin injections while waiting for blood cultures to come back.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers,
Kathie Dooley
God bless you with comfort, answers, and healing.
ReplyDeleteKristin, praying for all of you!
ReplyDeleteCindy Terrel
I'm so glad that they don't think Sydney had a seizure but I cannot even begin to imagine how overwhelmed you all are. You are in my thoughts constantly. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteKristin I just wanted to let you know I am the HLH grandma from Dallas. Jackson went through transplant at Children's in April 2011. Heather passed us on to your page. Please let me know if I can help with anything. My heart just aches with how much you are dealing with right now:-( Please call me if you need us to help out. 469-363-5793
ReplyDeleteThinking about you all--Lori
I think Kathy Dooley may be on to something....praying for all of you..
ReplyDeleterochelle
ALL my love and prayers to you and your family
ReplyDeleteKristin, I was told about your family through a friend of mine.. My prayer are with you and your family.. I was looking for something to give you peace.. So this I found. Peace, I leave with you, my peace I give unto you;not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troulbled, neither let it be afaid. John 14.27 Camille
ReplyDeleteI keep asking God to make the pain stop, heal Sydney and give Jenson peace. I hope he hears all of us soon for your family's sake. Wish I could be there to give you hugs. But the next best thing was on her way this morning and will be there all week, Lyne. Rae Heath
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine a tougher few days if I tried, it may not feel like it but you are both coping unbelievably well with everything that is going on when every fibre of your being must want to scream and shout and rage at the unfairness of it all, I am not religious but I believe in people, and it would be harder to find a couple more worthy of faith right now...
ReplyDeleteSending love and light to you
Trashstar
Thinking of you always. I hope they figure out what is going on. Hugs~ Shannon Yates
ReplyDelete