Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mercy

Good news...Sydney has a concussion but no brain bleed or clots. Never thought a five year old child having a concussion would be good news - but that is the sick twisted world we live in right now. No PE, running on the playground, jumping, or sports for Sydney for the next month, but the brain bruise (aka concussion) should resolve itself over the next month as long as there is no more impact. We are celebrating now with What-a-Burger fries and chocolate shakes.

15 comments:

  1. Filled with joy for you!:) :) :)

    The Mentinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought a concussion would be good news but this one really is! Thanks for keeping everyone updated we have been praying for good news.
    Xoxo the schultz family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best concussion I've ever heard of. Thanks for the update. We've been on pins and needles all evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for a concussion! We've been praying for you throughout your journey, and consistently tonight. We'll continue to pray for Sydney's sweet head. Love, Nancy Guyer (Cathy's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing all of the LoveBomb comments on "Powering Through Pain" reminds me that this was the perfect day for it - you needed hundreds of people thinking about you and praying for you and you had them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Thank God! Kept thinking of you guys all afternoon with silent prayers that Sydney would be okay. I just could not believe would not think it would not be good news. Wrap her in cushions and love! Rae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh praise God. Glad you have answers so quickly. Continuing to pray for all of you. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've lost count of how many times my three little monkeys have been there...So glad to hear Sydney is okay. :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise! Praise! We've been thinking about our sweet girl Sydney all night! So glad that you got good news! Hugs! The Wedemeyers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise the Lord!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been following your journey via the Histiocytiosis website. Your family has been in my prayers. So thankful to hear sweet Sydney is going to be fine!

    Blessing,
    Shannon Malone

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a RELIEF!!!! So glad to hear your sweet girl is going to be fine.

    Hugs,
    Julie Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so very, very thankful to hear this news. We continue to pray for all of you. Jane Peterson (friend of Grandma Edna)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad Sydney is ok - I'll keep on praying for your family. Best Wishes from london, UK

    ReplyDelete