Sunday, May 20, 2012

Memories


My most frequently used phrase has changed from “Seriously?” to “I don’t remember.”

Short term memory is a serious problem right now.  I will be talking about something and mid-sentence completely forget what I was saying.  I will be going to get something and wind up in a different room with no idea what I was going to get.  Someone will tell me something and seconds later I ask the same question again.  Sure, I have had these situations happen before but not constantly throughout a day.  Maybe having no short term memory right now is a blessing.

Despite no short term memory, memories of Jenson appear throughout the day.  They are triggered by little things like looking at the spot he used to sit in on the couch, seeing a monkey at the zoo on Sydney’s field trip, or going to get sunscreen for Sydney out of the beach bag and finding his old swimsuit.  I miss him terribly.

Today Sydney and I found a picture of him at age 2 sitting on my lap and kissing my cheek…that triggered my big meltdown of the day.

Luckily, I have Sydney to lift my spirits.  It is impossible to stay in that dark place for too long with her spunk around.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you all especially today. For some reason you are all the first thing on my mind this morning. I have been thinking over the weekend about what an amazing and loving family you are, and that next to Jesus, you were God's greatest expression of love for Jenson.

    Keeping little Sydney in prayer as you wait for EEG results. So glad that God has given your family her precious joyful spirit and hoping for no more drama.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, Thank you for continuing to post. I am praying for you three -- I feel as if I know you! Glad to see you are "giving yourself some space" to process all that you have been through. It will take time to establish a new normal, for sure. You will get there, with the Lord's loving help.
    Love you, C Jore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, I'm so sorry for your's and your family's loss. It's unimagineable. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and wishing there was something I could do to help mend your broken hearts. Take care of yourselves. And your blog is beautiful by the way.

    -Devon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to pray for your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete