Saturday, May 12, 2012

Is It You?

My emotions are all over the board – a deep sadness my boy is no longer with us, anger at God for not healing him here on earth, joy in remembering his adorable smile and great sense of humor, thankfulness he is in heaven, relief he is no longer suffering.  In some ways our life is less complicated (we aren’t living at the hospital, no more 34 syringes of medicine a day, less fear about a simple virus killing our boy).  In other ways our life is more complicated…how are you supposed to move forward after losing a child?

I find myself so thankful for Jesus.  He also suffered greatly on earth so we can all be in heaven.  My anger is directed at God for choosing not to heal Jenson on earth.  It is a strange distinction in my mind that I am not sure how to resolve…I guess it will come with time.

As I wrestle with God on the unfairness of it all, I am reminded something greater is supposed to come from Jenson’s life. 

Doug and I always knew (even before I was pregnant with Sydney) if we had a boy his name was going to be Jenson Timothy.  I recently looked up the meaning of the name Jenson.  It means “God is gracious”.  It says “People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.” 

It is so spot on it sent chills through my body.  It is the perfect description of our sweet Jenson.  His short life was meant to inspire others.  It was meant to have someone come to know Jesus and spend eternity in heaven.  Is it you?

11 comments:

  1. I love the name Jenson and he has forever changed my life. As have you, Kristin, you are an amazing mother. Your family's fight for Jenson has brought me closer to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It is me.

    By his amazing, inspiring, courageous death, Jenson has showed me what it means to live.

    Living is knowing, loving, trusting, and surrendering everything to Jesus.

    Death is no longer death; it's life with Jesus forever!

    No words will ever express my graditude... thank you, Jenson, and thank you, Jesus!!!!

    Forever changed and forever greatful,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kristin,

    I think I was one of the intended recipients of inspirations.

    If I were to be honest, in all my 28 years on the earth I haven't really done anything outstanding or great for Jesus. Life has been placid, and on occasions in my younger years I wandered astray.

    Reading about Jenson (I came through Love Bomb and then started reading the archives) has forced me to face the fact that I've not done as much in my 28 years as compared to little Jenson in his 3.

    Your grief breaks my heart, and I weep for the loss of the dear boy. However, I hope that you are able to take comfort in the fact that there is someone across the ocean who is now compelled to do more with life because of your dear, sweet, son.

    Thank you for being so generous to share your son with the world.

    Grateful I will be always for your precious family and Jenson.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks for your family. Know that Jenson will never be forgotten. The bigger plan we may not be able to see from here. Praying that God will grant you comfort. He has always been with all of you. Take the question straight to him. He is the one with Jenson now. Sending hugs and sympathy. Sarah C.O.L.E'S Prayer Team www.colesfoundation.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy mothers day even though I know it's bittersweet!! U have to be strong for ur family while ur so heartbroken for ur sweet Jenson! I don't have any words for healing but just wanted to let u know ur thought of on this day. I have a disabled daughter and this day and any holidays really crush my heart. May you find comfort from your love ones to survive each day. It won't be easy but u just gotta do it. I wish I believed in Jesus now cus living has no worth when u know He's not around. May your faith increase and not decrease like mine did.

    Take care,
    Nicole from ROSEMEAD, ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin, you are such an incredibly precious person, you inspire me. Peace and Love to you this momS day. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about you and praying for you today as you honor Jenson's life.

    As my 3yr old daughter and I prayed for Jeson over the past months, we talked about life, death, and heaven. She has told me she loves Jesus--a most precious declaration. Thank you for sharing Jenson's inspiring life and love.

    We will be praing for you for a long time--that God will show you how to move forward and live joyfully, even while a piece of your heart is forever broken.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristin,

    I'm Daniel's Mom, one of Sydney's friend at Carpe Diem and Cheatham.
    It broke my heart when I heard your sad news. I understand your situation, nothing can comform you at this time.
    May God bring you and your family through this difficult moment.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like you wrote this post for me Kristin. I almost e-mailed you the other day to tell you how your story has changed me...this post has been on my mind for days, even before you wrote it... the same thoughts have been circling my brain constantly. Nothing has rattled me to the core like Jenson's story and the words you have chosen to tell it. I have never cried so much in my life as I have this past month. Things feel different and I feel more awake than I ever have. I must admit that I have never had much faith and have only talked to god in moments of desperation...I have always felt spiritially lost. Something has changed now...I want more. I have always looked up to you over the years and thought you were an amazing woman Kristin...I am not surprised that you would also have a family that I find truly inspirational. I am so terribly sorry for all of you. Thank you for sharing your sweet little boys story and touching so many lives. Love, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sweet Jenson has inspired my histio warrior Grant and his super sib, Gracie to support one another more. The age difference between Jenson and Sydney is the same as G&G. She really relates to Sydney and her fear. Her brother's illness and battle have always been hard for her. She knows that fear as a sweet little girl that should be playing with Barbies. She will not forget you and she will continue to pray (and dreams of a day as a research scientist finding a cure). And Grant has stormed the doors of heaven for your family, while constantly asking questions about Jenson. I thank you for your honesty, your faith - even the anger, and I personally thank you for your playlist. I listen to it throughout the day while working and praying for you all.
    PS - we have a monkey love of our own at our house and are collecting a box of monkeys headed your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to let you all know that I am praying for you all. You don't know me - but I am a friend of a friend of your pastors (and sister in Christ.) I pray that you all will just feel the love and comfort of Jesus wrapping his arms around you. I pray for you all to grieve -let it out and to have patience with each other as you have so many different emotions at different times. As you yearn for that empty feeling inside to stop hurting so much, let your faith fill that void. I pray that God brings healing to your hearts and that you are able to look at the memories of Jenson and instead of sadness you can smile. (This will come!) But just know that there are people you have never even met... praying for you,for God to give you all the strength to take the next breathe and move forward day by day. God knows how you feel. He has Jenson now, and he is not in pain anymore.
    God bless you all!
    Karen Hinegardner

    ReplyDelete