Monday, April 18, 2011

Still fighting fevers

Jenson is still fighting fevers to clear the staf infection. It's making us nervous given it's been 4 days already of antibiotics through his port. We've been praying a lot about it.

The doctor told us he wasn't overly concerned this morning but is increasing his dose of the antibiotic. If it doesn't clear up the fever in the next few days, it would mean surgery to remove his port and who knows what else. We're not asking those questions yet as we don't need anything else to worry about.

So it's a waiting game.

They also decided to schedule his CT scan/MRI for Wed since we're already in the hospital. At least we'll knock that out while we have to be here anyway.

Doug has been amazing through all this and an incredible daddy. He is very private, so I try to respect his privacy by not blogging about him often but can't help myself on this one. He deserves a medal for everything he's done the past month. He's been doing the night shift for the past month, staying every night at the hospital and for the week we were home setting his alarm for 3am every morning to get Jenson his antibiotic for the c-diff (Jenson had to get it every 6 hrs) and sleeping in Jenson's room to make sure he's ok all night. He's been amazing despite functioning on almost no sleep.

Thanks for the continued prayers of strength for us and healing for Jenson, not just from this staf infection but also for healing for his little body permanently from this disease.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment