Monday, April 25, 2011

Late breaking news

More late breaking news from today.

The doctor really didn't like the green bile vomit. She also happened to see a large lump on his side. She got us immediately into ultrasound and x-ray to check it out as she said green bile can sometimes be an indicator for a blockage of some sort.

I carried Jenson down while the nurse pulled his portable equipment he's hooked up to. He feels so poorly he hasn't even been sitting up in bed (except to throw-up), so he couldn't tolerate me carrying him upright so I had to carry him like a little baby cradled in my arms.

The ultrasound goes pretty smooth. He's asking for water at the end, so they get him a bottle of water. I prop him up enough that he can drink but not so much that he has to sit upright. I pour a few sips into his mouth. The nurses and doctor say, "Awh, he's so cute. He looks like a little bird drinking that water." He does, like a wounded helpless little bird.

Then we go to x-ray. They tell him they just need to get a few more pictures. He's over it. "No pictures", he says as I have to hold his body in place just so. "No cheese" he says (referring to "I'm not saying cheese as you're taking it"). This one makes me laugh, the randomness of cheese coming up during a x-ray I guess or perhaps I'm just delirious at this stage.

The good news is it's not an obstruction of his GI wall. It's a poop obstruction... one the doctor suspects is super hard and hasn't been able to move down his bowel since the infamous scope procedure. More poop detail that you'll need here, but he's had some poops but smaller ones and runny ones that were able to get by it for a while so this wasn't suspected earlier.

She tells me this is likely what is causing the green bile to come up. So what's the best way to get the poop out? They are still determining that, but it's looking like a suppository. She said once he gets it, it could work quickly which could at least help him get rid of some of the horrible pain he's feeling.

He throws up more green bile. Poor little sweet Jenson. I can't believe how much he's dealing with right now. No wonder he feels so horrible.

He now has to have that awful tube put down his nose again which will help remove the green bile so he's not throwing up as much and so it doesn't cause even more inflamation.

Really, how much can one little person take???

All this, from one big mistake on the endoscopy. Hard to believe. You hear about these types of stories but never think your child is going to be one.

Mercy please Lord on Jenson.

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. poor angel!!!! I hope he will turn out ok.he's sooooooooooo cute! you are very,very,very lucky to have him. may god bless you.

    ReplyDelete