Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Broken record

Good news, bad news again today. Starting to feel like a broken record with that line.

Let's start with the good news. He hasn't had a fever for 24 hours now which means the high dosage of the antibiotic seems to be working. He'll still have to have it for a while longer, but at least this is the first 24 hrs we've gone without fever.

Ignore what I just wrote above. While I was typing Jenson starting moaning and crying out and wanted me to sit with him on his bed. He felt hot so they took his fever, and it's 101 degrees. Ughhhh!!! Doug and I are really bummed as we were really encouraged he had made it 24 hrs. Well, I guess 24 hrs are better than we've had any other day.

Now for the bad news. Jenson just got a major outbreak of red lesions on his head and petechia dots on his neck. His disease is attacking his skin again since he hasn't had a major chemo treatment for 6 weeks given all the craziness of the past month. They are going to give him low dose chemo and steroids starting tonight, but can't give him a major dose until the staf infection is gone. So his disease is getting more out of control again. Yuck.

He also can't have the CT scan tomorrow because his hemoglobin levels are too low for him to get anethesia. He got more liquid iron through his port today and we're hoping it will help them get better so he won't need a blood transfusion.

Wish I had better news to report. We're continuing to hope tomorrow will be a better, fever free day so we can get back to normal soon and starting treating his disease again. Keep the prayers coming...

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know I've been praying for Jenson all day. When you feel weak and weary, please know that there are people out there lifting Jenson up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kristin, Doug, Syd and Jenson,
    Dennis and I are praying for you every day and every time we think of you and that is quite often. Little Jenson will feel so much better once he gets rid of all that "stuff." I am imagining him laughing and smiling. That is my vision for him. We love you.
    Peggy and Dennis Goza

    ReplyDelete