Monday, December 26, 2011

A Sign of Love

God has been working for over a month to get me over my fear of a bone marrow transplant. It started the week before Thanksgiving with the song “Narrow Road”:

We walk on this narrow road
Now restored as one we walk
In Your hope

And though darkness fills our path
Fear won’t fix its hold on us
For we know

Love will shine before us on our path
And guide our every step within the dark


“Fear won’t fix its hold on us” kept ringing through my mind. I knew I needed to let go of my fear, but sometimes holding on to it seems easier than letting it go.

I got another sign two days later… something I have never experienced before.

We had our faulty carpet pad replaced at our house which meant they needed to use strong carpet glue. Given Jenson’s immune system, we stayed at my parent’s house for several days to avoid the fumes.

One morning I woke up early before everyone. I made a cup of tea and opened the window to look out over the relaxing lake view. It was an overcast morning. As I was sipping on my team and watching the ducks swimming something happened. The sun shifted from the clouds and radiated a ray of light the size of a laser beam directly in front of me across the lake. It looked just like a narrow, illuminated pathway.

Instantly the same worship song popped into my head again:

We walk on this narrow road
Now restored as one we walk
In Your hope

And though darkness fills our path
Fear won’t fix its hold on us
For we know

Love will shine before us on our path
And guide our every step within the dark


Finally, my eyes could see a clear pathway amidst so much darkness. “Love will shine before us on our path and guide our every step within the dark” rang through my head.

And then it was gone.

It was just what I needed – reassurance God loves us and that while the road is narrow, He is with us every step of the way lighting our path.

It has been my source of strength over the last month. It will be my source of strength for months to come.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment