Thursday, December 15, 2011

Feeling Good

Finally, Jenson is feeling better! His eyes look more normal and this morning he said, “I feel good!”. The good and bad come in waves, but we haven’t had a “I feel good” statement in months.

Once again, chemo is my friend. It is a bizarre love-hate relationship.

Do I think this is the cure? Unlikely, but if it serves the purpose of buying time and bringing some relief it is doing it’s job. And as the doctor said yesterday, “Who knows, maybe we will get lucky.”

The chemo has cleared his body. He is getting ANOTHER blood transfusion right now. Blood transfusions take place at least once a week now – kind of like watering your plants.

Later today we get to go home and hopefully with only a blood transfusion next week will be home for Christmas.


We got an unexpected early Christmas present yesterday...a hospital volunteer brings an adorable "Build a Bear" monkey with a Cars outfit by his room. Jenson loves it and names him "Monkey, Monkey".


I ask if I can buy one for Sydney and our favorite nurse Ginny says, "Give me a minute." She comes back with an adorable bunny dressed in a red Christmas dress with cute red bows on each of her ears. Ginny says, "Sydney deserves one too. The siblings are going through a lot and people forget that about them." Ginny cares for the entire family.

So Christmas arrives early in the Aaron household, and the kids are loving their new friends.

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! So happy there's relief for now. Praying for your family. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete