Yes, you read that right. Jenson is potty-trained!
We have been trying for months to get him to try it with no luck. We even tried buying him Cars underwear months ago thinking that might motivate him.
In the hospital, he kept leaking through his diapers every time he went pee (because of the extra IV fluids). He didn’t like that he kept getting wet, so last Saturday I brought in the little potty. I said to Doug, “What do you think my odds are of getting him to go on the potty today?”. He gave me a 0% chance - the best odds to stir up my competitive spirit.
I made Jenson sit on the little potty to get used to it, and he wasn’t a fan. Luckily we didn’t have a next door neighbor in the hospital that day. Then the next time he said he was “going”, I raced him onto the little potty…and he went!!! I gave him five and did a happy dance for him. He proudly smiled.
He was so excited he said, “Need call Daddy and Sydney.” We called them and Jenson said “I go on potty,” with a big proud smile on his face.
He wanted to tell all the doctors and nurses too. They gave him Cars stickers. This brought another big smile.
He then said to me, “So I wear underwear now?”.
I told him, “Once you can go for several days without going in your diaper, you can wear underwear.”

Breaking news – Jenson has been wearing underwear for 3 days now! Here is our proud parent moment of the week.
Just goes to show you despite what comes your way, you can continue to achieve milestones in life. Go Jenson!
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment