Time to Remember
12 years ago
Jenson is our sweet little boy. He brings so much joy to all of our lives...Sydney, mommy, and daddy. He was diagnosed at the tender age of 5 months with a rare disease called "histiocytosis" . He started chemo at 9 months old as the disease attacked his skin and GI tract. While on chemo, his disease worsened attacking his skin, GI, bone, brain, and liver.
Jenson underwent a bone marrow transplant Jan 31, 2012 when his sweet sister Sydney joyfully donated her stem cells. He made it through the transplant, but the disease had already done too much damage.
Jenson went to his eternal home in heaven on May 8, 2012 at the age of 3.
Here is our inspirational little boy Jenson's journey...
Awh-sweet girl... I feel the same way-and miss his sweet smile terribly-but am so glad he isn't suffering and is in heaven on the other side... Conflicting emotions: each as strong as the other... Praying for y'all.
ReplyDeleteDear Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI ran into Suzie Nasol today at school and she informed me about sweet Jenson. I am SO incredibly sorry for your loss. I am still in shock. I could not stop thinking about him all afternoon and have spent the last 2 1/2 hours reading your blog from the beginning. The crazy thing is is that I was thinking about Jenson this morning and wanting to send you an e-mail about how he is doing. God definitely put that in my mind.
I can't believe you all went through as much as you all did and wish I could've been there to help. Sydney is amazing- she is such a strong and inspirational girl! I wish my Ruby was able to be friends with her. Your story hits so close to home with me b/c Jenson and Cole were born 2 wks apart and Sydney and Ruby 2 6 wks apart. I felt like your story could've easily been mine.
My heart goes out to you. It is comforting to me to hear of your faith in Jesus as this is what comforted me during our long, devastating first year with LCH. I know from my family's experience with LCH and my clinging to my faith during this time that He is alive and with us at all times.
Blessings to you, Doug and Sydney.
Sincerely,
Holly Kambeitz
You are all still in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe keep up with you through Beth and Joe and glad you have been able to visit with them. Our love is with you, too. Rachel B
Dear Kristin, Doug & Sydney,
ReplyDeleteIt's not easy, I'm sure. Even as a total stranger I still think of your beautiful family every now and then.
May the grace of God be with you even in this time. Sending you love and peace from halfway around the world.