Friday, June 29, 2012

Book of Job

The book of Job in the Bible is really speaking to me right now.  Here is a man who experienced the loss of ALL of his children.


Job 3:25
"What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me."

He grieves and cries out to God with genuine, unfiltered emotions - asking why, longing for a different ending, telling God he has no peace and rest, even crying out "What strength do I have, that I should still hope?".

What I feared has come upon me.  

I faced my fears and my biggest fear (losing my child) still came true.  I have no control over the master plan.  But I like to feel in control - at least of something.  

Control is an illusion.

Maybe that is the point.

2 comments:

  1. Dear friend, I pray that God will comfort you in this difficult time. There are no words that I could say that would be of help, but I am praying for you and your family.

    Sending love from halfway around the world,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I found out my son had a terminal illness, I wanted to know everything about Heaven I could possibly know. I searched the Bible like searching for gold. I then heard of a book called Heaven, by Randy Alcorn. Besides the Bible, it's the most life changing book I have ever read. I know one day I am going to be in your shoes, trying to wander this world with a gaping whole in my heart while trying to hold on. I'm not sure if you are up for reading, and that's completely understandable, but I do think you would find great peace and comfort reading this book. It might lessen the pain just a tiny little smidge, to know more about where you sweet boy is at, safe with Jesus,healed, whole and perfect. Always praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete