Saturday, December 29, 2012

Play-time

The snow just melted...believe it or not, we got a White Christmas this year in Dallas. 

The snow was beautiful coming down on Christmas day as it covered the tree limbs and rooftops with a white layer.  Sydney was so excited and went outside to catch snowflakes on her tongue.  She then got Doug and me in on the action.  A snowball fight and snow angels soon followed.  Then Sydney and Daddy made a miniature snowman using berries for it's eyes, a small tree limb for it's arms, and gumdrops for it's nose and mouth.

The next day Sydney and I tried our luck at sledding.  Equipped with a giant piece of cardboard as our sleigh, we headed for a small hill on the golf course near my parents.  Sydney instructed me I would be in the front and she would be in the back since it was her first time.  I paddled with my hands to get us started, and flying down the hill we went on our piece of cardboard.  Giggles and "Again" quickly followed.

After a few tries, I told Sydney it was her turn to go in front.  Sydney said to herself, "Be brave Sydney" as we hiked back up the hill.  And then she faced her fear.

We ended with me writing Sydney and Jenson's name in the snow.  I then drew a heart and just as I was finishing the loop, Sydney greeted me with a fistfull of snow in the face.  Kids (and snow) remind us to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment