Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Poem for Jenson

You are an inspiration
A light into this world
When sickness gets it's grip on you
My world will soon unfold

You face each day with bravery
The pokes, the docs, the meds
While the hopeless feel of helplessness
Is ringing in my head

You suffer endless pain
As disease gnaws at your bones
But yet you live each day
With a joy I've never known

You cherish every moment
Always quick to share a smile
You love with all your heart and soul
You make life so worthwhile

You fight to win the battle
While comforting those you love
And power through the hurt and pain
With strength from up above

Your battle ends in victory
Though this world you will depart
How I miss you desperately
We are temporarily apart

Mommy, I'm okay you say
I now am healed and whole
I am here with Jesus
And he loves me and my soul

One day I will see you mom
As you enter heaven's gate
I will run with joy into your arms
And rest in your embrace

5 comments:

  1. Now that is an incredible and inspirational poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jenson's verses. I imgaine there must be so much he wants to tell you! Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly an incredible and inspirational poem.

    ReplyDelete