Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ding-Dong

Last year a few days before Halloween, we got ghosted.  It was our first ghosting experience.  Neighbors place basket of candy and Halloween goodies on your doorstep.  They ring the doorbell and run off, leaving you to discover a sweet surprise.  Inside the basket is a photocopied picture of a ghost to place on your door and instructions for you to share the Halloween love and ghost two other homes in the neighborhood.

When our doorbell rang, Sydney and Jenson discovered their sweet surprise at our door.  They were so excited and couldn't wait to ghost our neighbors!  We went to the dollar store and picked out two baskets, stickers, erasers, Spider rings, and candy for our basket.  We decided since Daddy was the fastest runner, he should do the dirty work of ringing the bell and running to hide in the bushes.  He completed his mission undetected.

Later that night, we took Sydney to Spanish lessons.  As we drove back to get her, Doug and I were talking while Jenson sat quietly in the backseat strapped in his black Britax carseat.  I asked Doug for details on how he managed to ghost both our neighbors without getting caught.  He said, "Well, I walked up to our neighbors house and rang the doorbell..." 

But before Doug could say another word he was interrupted by a perfectly timed, "Ding-Dong" from the backseat.  Doug and I looked at each other in surprise and said, "Did Jenson just say ding-dong???"

Jenson replied with his cute little grin, "Ding-Dong.  I say that!". 

I turned to look at Jenson and said, "You're funny!".

"I funny!" he repeated back to me.   Jenson's sense of humor always brightened the day...our little comic relief in the storm.

2 comments:

  1. By reading your blog, I can tell that Jenson's sense of humor was very evident and so natural for him. Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I thought about you guys yesterday as we were getting ready to trick-or-treat and wondered what memories of Jenson the day might bring for you. I hope Sydney had a great time and came back with plenty of loot!

    I've been seeing lots of butterflies lately--they must be migrating to AZ for the winter--and I am reminded of Jenson. Keeping you all in prayer. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete