Our oncologist Dr Cavalier is back – she had been sick since Monday.
She checked in on us today. She said his enlarged liver and spleen are NOT confirmation of active disease. The liver blood work she looked at was normal. She also said the CT scan of the liver/spleen did not show grey patches which is advanced disease. She looked annoyed that we were told otherwise. It goes to show you the importance of having a doctor who really knows the ins and outs of your specific case as they can draw different conclusions.
She said the only way to confirm liver/spleen involvement would be a liver biopsy but given he is so weak and it wouldn’t change our treatment plan, she does not recommend it. We agree.
She did confirm his bone lesions/tumors are worse and the brain involvement is problematic, but at least it’s not moving as aggressively as we were told yesterday.
The first round of bone marrow tests are negative. The other tests come back either tomorrow or Monday.
Jenson also feels a little better today and got out of bed to walk to get a popsicle – one for Jenson, one for mommy. I’ve had more popsicles in the past 3 days than the rest of my life. Jenson and I like the red and purple ones, and we depleted the hospital supply yesterday. Doug re-stocked the hospital freezer last night.
In the meantime, we are thankful for a little glimmer of hope and something to give thanks for on Thanksgiving.
Isaiah 41:13 – "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I am with you."
Jeremiah 29:11 -“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Hi Kristin. Thank you for the update. My little girl Audrey (3) loves Cars 2 also! And popsicles :) Praying for you daily. Love, Charlotte
ReplyDelete