Thursday, May 12, 2011

Perma-Grin

Our family was FINALLY reunited again last night! Sydney and I were so excited to see Jenson again since it's been almost 2 weeks since Doug and Jenson went to stay with my parents to protect Jenson from our cold.


He saw us and gave us both huge hugs! "It's Sydney. It's Mommy. Hi mommy, hi Sydney!" he said as he snuggled into both of us. So cute. I snapped a shot of them giving each other a hug.

He and Sydney were inseparable playing hide and seek, singing songs, playing with his new train, and just having a great time spending time together again.

The best news of all is Jenson's recovery. He's talking (even more than before all the events of the last few months), walking (although with still a limp, he's getting around by himself), laughing (deep belly laughs), joking around (kidding you around again), and smiling! I seriously could not stop smiling or get the perma-grin off my face.


Our boy is back. Our whole boy is back, personality with the little twinkle in his eye and all. It's such an incredible gift to have him obviously feeling better and have our boy back. I feel like we were blessed with the gift of time.

On this special night, we also saw the most amazing, crystal clear rainbow that I've ever seen stretching edge to edge across the sky. It's the first "live" rainbow Sydney and Jenson have seen and they were SOOOOOO excited. I've never appreciated a rainbow so much in my life! And a fitting beautiful image as our family was again reunited with our boy finally feeling better.

God is good.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment