Saturday, October 30, 2010

What's New?

I know, long time no blog.

We're kind of in a waiting game right now. Our oncologist is checking with many other doctors to get as many opinions possible on whether we should continue with Jenson's current chemo treatment or add the more toxic drugs to the mix. We likely won't have his thoughts for a couple weeks.

Last week Doug and my dad took Jenson to his chemo appointment (for now we're continuing with his regular chemo treatment plan). In addition to the chemo, they wanted to get x-rays of all his bones as histiocytosis often attacks the bones and if it is attacking his bones we'll definitely need to change things up. Doug and my dad both said it was awful holding Jenson down for 30 minutes while they took the x-rays while he screamed at the top of his lungs. They said, "You'd never think a 25 pound 2 year old could be so strong!". Doug said "that was worse than the biopsies". Brutal.

We got a call this week from the doctor on what the x-rays showed. A mix of results. Most of his bones look fine, but the x-ray of his skull looks like it "might" have a lesion. They asked us to get a copy of the x-ray we had taken before at the other hospital to compare and we are likely going to need to get more x-rays.

I read a book recently that had a chapter that talked about worry and said, "Worrying is like spending all day in a rocking chair. It gets you nowhere and totally wears you out." So I've been trying to give my worries to God and put a visual image of that rocking chair in my mind whenever I feel worry start to creep in. I thought I'd been making better progress, but have to say the abnormal skull x-ray (which could be nothing or could be something) is definitely testing even my newfound improvement in not spending time worrying.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE, SOME THINGS TO SMILE ABOUT:
-Jenson playing excitedly with his new toy from Sydney


-Sydney dressed up in her Halloween princess outfit at her school parade









-Us attempting a family picture



Smile about the little things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment