Tuesday, October 12, 2010

When it Rains it Pours

My parents are in town, so Doug took me to work this morning.

We exited the freeway and stopped at the light two blocks from my office. I was running a few minutes late and Doug and I had just started talking and next thing we know "BOOM" and we're jolted forward in our seats, whipped back, and the car is pushed into the road ahead. Doug's coffee goes flying all over the front dash and all over his shirt. The first quote from my mouth is "Seriously?!? We just got rear-ended?". He had to have been going at least 30 mph.

Luckily the pedestrians that had just started walking had only crossed in front of the car next to us so at least our car didn't hit them, and we didn't get t-boned too.

The guy's first quote from his mouth is "It's not like I was texting or anything." He then proceeds to say "I saw the green light when I was exiting the freeway, looked down and then back and hit you." Sounds like he was definitely doing something on his phone.

We went to the ER (this time Doug and I for a change) just to get checked out and so the insurance had a record of us indicating we were jolted around. They gave us some muscle relaxers and told us we'll get sorer as the day goes on and likely be really sore for several days after.

Then we took the car to the body shop. The guys who runs the shop said "I've been doing this a long time, and you all really got hit hard. He had to have been going at least 30MPH or faster to leave that kind of damage on a bumper and there is no way he put on the brakes." He also told us we were lucky to have a head rest or it could have snapped our necks.

At least Sydney and Jenson were not with us too but were instead home safe with their grandparents!

When it rains it pours. Pray for some sunshine.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment