We haven't traveled as a family since Jenson was born. Since he's been on chemo, we decided we didn't want to increase the risk of him picking up an infection by flying (plus he's had some issues with too much ear wax in his ears from his disease so who knows how his ears would do on a plane). Sydney had been asking when she can go on an airplane again.
I found out I was going to have a business trip to Dallas for almost a week and since both sets of grandparents are in Dallas, I'm taking Sydney with me and she's going to spend time with grandparents while I'm at my meetings. It works out perfect!
She is so excited!!! We're spending today packing her "Princess Backpack" and picking out what to bring for the week. She's learning how to be choiceful in which dolls come along (she wanted to bring all her princess dolls and most of her stuffed animals as well). She doesn't remember being on a plane, so I'm giving her tips about what to expect.
Wish us luck as we fly out tomorrow!
Kristin
I forgot to mention last night that Syd was talking so much about this trip! She is really excited, especially that she is going to be spending this special time with you and with her grandparents. She kept emphasizing, "It's just mommy and me." So cute!
ReplyDelete