I work at the Clorox Company and I have to say I've been blown away by the compassion the company has shown as we've been on "Jenson's Journey".
I've been able to do my work at times during off and random hours so I can attend all of Jenson's chemo appointments. When he's been in the hospital and I've had to miss meetings, people have covered for me and brought me up to speed when I'm back. My managers have been incredibily supportive.
When we first started chemo, one of my friends from work organized people bringing us meals weekly by convincing me it would be like "having a personal chef on Thursdays". People from work have sent cards, meal certificates, and provided support for me as we've been going through this crazy time in life. One of the most touching things people have done is donated through the company gift campaign to the HAA (Histiocytosis Association of America) to help raise money for research into Jenson's disease histiocytosis... since it's so rare the only money for research comes from private donations so each donation means a potentially longer and better life for Jenson.
I feel so fortunate to work at a place with such compassionate and caring people who support each other through the good and trying times in life.
They say through the tough times in life you often see people's "true colors". I'm fortunate "compassion" is a key trait among people at Clorox as I've gotten to experience it first hand this past year.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment