Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Promise

You came into this world
A life, a light, a joy
A tiny little baby
Someone special to enjoy

As you grew my dreams grew too
Wondering someday who you'd be
A comedian cracking funny jokes
Or a surgeon fixing knees?


But your future would hold something else
Painful times to endure
Histio has come your way
A disease which has no cure

It eats away like termites
At your body as we pray
But it can not take your spirit
Your love on full display

You are called to heaven
And leave my arms too fast
Now what's left are memories
Reminders of the past

The memories flash through my brain
Like pictures on display
Some are painful, some are sweet
Reminders of how you'd play

The grief it cuts just like a knife
Into my wounded heart
It jabs and twists and knows no bounds
As my soul is ripped apart

Your final days I promised you
That I would be okay
I promised to find joy again
That I would find my way

So I will live the way you did
With faith and hope and love
And will again find Jenson-joy
A joy from up above

----- Kristin Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment