Sunday, September 9, 2012

Puzzling

I am still spinning my wheels wrestling with the unimaginable, the unexplained.

The world seems right when good things happen to good people.  You should reap what you sow, right?  My world is rocked when things happen that can't be explained.  Where is God in this?  Why does He allow innocent children to suffer and die from horrible diseases?  Why does He allow something so horrific like 9/11 to happen?  Why does He allow tornadoes and flooding to kill thousands of people each year?

Why?  Why?  Why?

It doesn't make sense.  It is wrong.  Unexplainable.  Unimaginable.  Beyond comprehension.  I don't feel God's love in those moments... I just feel the presence of evil.

I wish I could see the master plan.  My prideful side thinks to myself  "It sure seems like it could use some tweaking."

But, I don't get to see the master plan.  I only see a piece of the puzzle - a piece that doesn't fit anywhere.  Did this puzzle come with all the pieces or are some missing? 

1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.  All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

I must hold on to what I know is true even through the unimaginable and unexplainable.

I pray a seed of eternal life will be created from this pain -a new piece in the puzzle of life, a piece that finally fits.

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. "I pray a seed of eternal life will be created from this pain -a new piece in the puzzle of life, a piece that finally fits." Amen. He sees, He knows, He cares.

    ReplyDelete