I finally did it…I pulled Jenson’s favorite dress out of the closet.
He used to go in my closet and point to it on the hanger. He would grab the bottom of my fun scoop neck dress (the one with the white background, royal blue circles, & black ovals scattered throughout the print) and ask curiously “Mommy wear dress?! Tis one?”. As I would pull it off the hanger to wear it Jenson would exclaim, “Yay!”
Each time I would wear it, he would hug my leg and look up at me with a big smile followed by “Mommy look pretty! I like tis dress”.
If it were up to Jenson, I would have worn his favorite dress everyday. Today was the first day I could wear it and joyfully treasure this loving memory.
I’ll be wearing it again on his birthday - October 14.
Time to Remember
12 years ago
And today was a day of progress...I'm sure Jenson loved knowing you could wear his favorite dress with joy!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I'm sure it made Jenson smile. Charlotte
ReplyDeleteSo glad Jenson could see you find joy wearing his favorite dress. I am sure he feels you all around him as you feel him.
ReplyDeleteKristin, Jenson is smiling all day today.
ReplyDeletePrecious, precious memories.
ReplyDelete