Sunday, October 2, 2011

Three simple words

Yesterday morning the kids really wanted to talk to their Grandma and Grandpa Jo. We call to say hi and next thing I know Sydney and Jenson suddenly say, "We want to come to your house". Their grandparents say, "Come on over!"

So I load up the car. On the quick drive over with the kids excitedly awaiting our arrival, I am reminded again of how thankful I am to be living near family.

We arrive at their house and are greeted with hugs, kisses, and smiles. The kids make themselves at home, and I head to Zumba class at the gym.

When I get back to pick them up, they reluctantly agree to go.

As we are backing out of the driveway, the kids want their windows down so they can wave good-bye. Grandma and Grandpa Jo stand outside waving as we back out and start pulling forward. As Jenson is waving his signature hand wave (straight up and down in a vertical line), he says confidently, "They love me."

It strikes me that a little boy not yet 3 years old so clearly knows he is loved. He can't describe yet what love is, but he definitely knows what it feels like ... kisses, hugs, his favorite candy M&M's always in the pantry, someone to play crash the cars with off the coffee table, an encouraging word when he learns all the colors of the rainbow.

Then he says,"I love them too'".

At any age, God created us to love and be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment