Monday, August 22, 2011

Cherish every moment


It's official. Sydney is now in Kindergarten.

Since it's only 2 miles from our house, we leave 15 minutes before. Rookie mistake. Little did I know there would be a stream of cars backed up for a mile. The parking lot is overflowing with cars... other parents dropping their kids too. She is one of the last kids in her class.

Sydney is calm, cool, and collected in her new hot pink ruffle sparkly dress (which she of course selected herself). I am too, until I give her a hug goodbye. Then it hits me as I hear the tardy bell ring as I'm walking out. She's growing up, fast. My little baby girl is now in Kindergarten. Five years just flew by.

Memories fill my mind...

- The day she is born and they lift her out of my belly and the doctors say "look at those cheeks, oh, and it's a girl!"

- The first time changing a diaper

- Pictures with her first friend Olivia on the playmat

- The first week of dropping her off with her nanny and the feeling of uncertainty around whether anyone can take care of your child the way you will

- The way she scoots on her bottom to get around

- How she's talking in sentences as she scoots around on her bottom (and people look at her in shock)

- The day she finally took her first steps at 20 months of age

- Perma-grin: Her excitement to meet her new little brother and be a big sister

- How she just learned to put her hair in a ponytail


They grow up so fast! Cherish EVERY moment.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment