Sunday, November 28, 2010

Greying teeth... what's up with that?

In case you haven't noticed, Jenson has one of the best smiles around.

We noticed a few weeks ago Jenson's teeth have started turning grey. We asked the doctor about it and he said "Well, that's proof you're giving him the iron supplement to help his counts get better." Who knew liquid iron makes your teeth turn grey? Not us, that's for sure.

We have to give him the iron supplement because his blood counts are low so we are trying to avoid having to get transfusions. So if our choice is grey teeth from liquid iron or transfusions, we have to pick grey teeth. What a horrible choice though.

I'm still sad about the greying teeth. His smile has always been one of my favorite things about him and was one thing where we didn't have a reminder of his disease. Now, there is a reminder there. I'm having to re-train myself to look at his adorable smiling eyes instead.

My "mommy side" starts to think about... what if kids tease him because he has grey teeth? I can't bear the thought of anyone teasing him for it. Then I'm reminded of a Bible verse "Don't worry about tomorrow for today has enough worries of it's own." Isn't that the truth? I can't worry about the future. Easier said than done sometimes.

I still love Jenson's beautiful smile and the way he smiles with his entire face and eyes, and no one can take that away!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment