I'm feeling very sentimental about the amazing friendships we have in California as we're preparing to move. So many people have been great friends especially as we've gone through this journey out here away from family.
Several things come to mind in terms of ways people have supported us. My mom's group has done meals the week of chemo treatments since the start. They also gave us an incredible gift of babysitting for us once a month so Doug and I could go out on a date and once a month giving Doug a break during the days.
Then there have been great friends like Michelle who was there for us the day we found out we needed to start chemo and has gone above and beyond to support us all emotionally, physically with extra meals and shopping trips for food, and help whenever we've needed anything including when Jenson has been hospitalized watching Sydney and making sure her life can continue as normal as possible given the situation.
My friend Amy organized meals for us also when we first started chemo and helped me accept the help by convincing me it would be like "having a personal chef". Who could say no to that!!!
Then there is my friend Linda who when I was going through the highs and lows made me a plate of chocolate covered strawberries (which are my ultimate favorite) and brought me champagne so I would celebrate the little things in life.
My friend Chris at work would come into my office with hilariously funny stories to give me a much needed laugh. She'd kill me if I shared, but trust me they have been hilarious.
My friend Cathy from LA would visit at least several times a year. Her visits have always been life breathing for me because she's one of the most compassionate people I know. She'll cry with me, pray with me, laugh with me, and create "craft central" for Sydney with things that are already in our pantry. Given I'm not the craftiest person, I'm always amazed when they emerge with pasta artwork or lentil bean artwork.
I am really going to miss all the people who supported us in so many ways. We've been blessed with good friendships in California and won't ever forget all the ways people have reached out and supported us in ways we wouldn't have imagined! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment