Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sweet Sydney

I've gotten a few questions on how Sydney is doing dealing with everything we're going through. I think she's handling it really well. She turns 4 in a few months, is very smart, and very articulate. We've explained to her Jenson is sick and on really strong medicine called "chemo". (She knew he was very sick when we had the 6 weeks of vomitting as we were constantly cleaning it up everywhere). I knew just how much she was understanding when Jenson had his relapse and starting vomitting again and she said "Mommy, the strong chemo medicine isn't helping Jenson because he's throwing up again. But that's ok, we'll just clean it up". Still brings a tear to my eyes.

They told us in a class we attended the best thing you can do for siblings is to keep their life as normal as possible and assure them they were in no way responsible for their sibling being sick. We've had several conversations and she understands I think as well as a 3 year old can.

Syd started pre-school this fall and is loving it and has developed a lot. She used to be really shy at first, but now really dives into things. She's very "spirited", incredibly loving, has strong opinions, and has a real zest for life. We've been working on having good manners a lot lately and the importance of being kind to people.

This week her teacher at school told me "Sydney is such a good friend". She said "she can play with anyone and makes everyone feel special". Wow. I'm really proud of who she is becoming.

I'm also so proud of the way she's dealing with our situation and loving her brother and our family. We pray for healing for him every night together.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment