Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mixed Feelings

Emotions swirl
Round and round they twirl

I try to keep them at bay
But today they won't go away

The tapes play back of all you suffered
X-rays, scans, scopes, chemo and others

I desperately wanted to take the pain
But nothing I did could make it go away

The emotional pain runs deep
So deep I can barely sleep

I finally let the emotions go
As down my face the tears roll

You know when I am having a hard day
On those days you send reminders you're okay

A butterfly sighting, a monkey here or there
A blonde little boy dancing as he enjoys the fresh air

You are transformed and now can fly
So I don't need to be sad or feel empty inside

You remind me of what is to come
When I depart this world and enter His kingdom

3 comments:

  1. Kristin, beautifully said, he is really looking down and trying to comfort you.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. Thinking of you and can't wait for another one of your awesome hugs at church :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! And Danette - the monkey cupcake was a fitting tribute for Jenson's new birth day. Thanks for remembering our special little boy!

    ReplyDelete